The Avengers by La-Chapeliere-Folle
The Avengers as Medieval Fantasy Warriors by theDURRRRIAN
The Avengers | By Melissa Smith
The Avengers | Just watched this for the first time.
!!!SPOILERS FROM HERE ON!!!
The opening was pretty cool, I liked the way the set up was to assemble the Avengers. Loki was a badass, however he really wasn’t the main villain. The reason he was doing everything he was doing was for some other peoples benefit. I would have much rather seen Loki as the main villain. I’ll go through our heroes now.
- Thor- Doesn’t come in until 45 minutes, I liked how they mentioned Natalie Portman’s character. However she wasn’t in the movie. Thor was pretty cool though. I wish he had more humor like THOR.
- Iron Man/Tony Stark- RDJ did a good job again. Remember in Iron Man 2, Tony Stark had that really cool briefcase suit? Well in this movie he gets thrown out the window of building & a suit comes out of the wall & jumps after him. Tony’s wearing sensors on his wrists so the suit can find him before he hit the ground.
- Hulk/Bruce Banner- Anyone could have played BB, I wish they could have found a way to have gotten Edward Norton to come back though. Bruce doesn’t become the Hulk until an hour & 12 minutes in. He was kinda cool though, I actually wish they did less humor with him.
- Captain America/Steve Rogers- I thought he as a lot cooler in this than CAPTAIN AMERICA. I liked Steve better because he wasn’t caught up with a girl & even though he wanted to do things by the book he was still kind of a batboy.
- Black Widow- Ehhhh, they could have made the movie without her.
- Hawkeye/Clint Barton- He was actually really cool. He was a “bad guy” for a little over half the movie because Loki did some magic shit on him that made him under Loki’s command. But I’m very interested in his character.
The whole thing with Mjölnir coming into contact with Cap’s shield was very anticlimactic. I was expecting it to come into play later on, like maybe that could have closed the gateway at the end.
Tony Stark & Bruce Banner were very romantic. It was pretty cool, they were both science nerds & it worked well.
A lot of the characters besides Bruce had a lot of funny things in response to Tony’s attitude. So that was good writing.
The ending wasn’t that great. The Avengers save the day. Thor takes Loki back to Asgard as his prisoner as well as the Cosmic Cube. Tony is rebuilding his Stark Industry building with Pepper. And Cap is riding his motorcycle, so they all part ways. Some council’s mad at Nick Furry for letting them all go, but he says that if the world is ever in danger again that the Avengers would be back.
I’m glad I didn’t see it in theaters, it was good but it could wait. I’m not sure if there’s anything after the credits. I wish they would have had a spider-man tie-in somewhere in the movie. That would have been badass.